In summary, our dress code for the golf course is smart golfing clothing. Golf shoes must be worn, jeans may not and if shorts are worn, they must be tailored. For the clubhouse, smart casual dress and soft spiked golf shoes are permitted in the foyer and spike bar only. For the rest of the clubhouse areas, smart clothing is to be worn with no golf shoes, trainers, or jeans. For further guidance, please see the details below.
Course dress code
- Denim jeans, tracksuits, collarless shirts and cargo shorts are not considered suitable attire on the course for any golfers at Newbury & Crookham Golf Club.
- Golfers’ shirts must be tucked in unless specifically designed to be worn outside.
- Polo, Crew, Mock and Turtleneck shirts and tailored shorts are acceptable on and off the course.
- Hats may be worn on the course, in the correct manner and must be removed in the Clubhouse.
- Golfers are expected to wear socks at all times - These can be long socks of any colour or white sports or liner socks.
- Golf shoes, either soft or steel spikes are mandatory on the course.
Clubhouse attire – at all times
Lounge Bar & Restaurant
- Smart footwear & socks are to be worn.
- Golf shoes of any type are not allowed.
- Jackets and ties are required for men for formal functions and club matches.
Unless otherwise specified, the dress code for functions is as per the Lounge Bar therefore jeans will not be allowed.
Spike Bar including the dress code outlined above, plus:
- Clean, smart casual wear, including smart jeans.
- Smart footwear should be worn, no beach type flip flops.
- Soft spikes are acceptable in the Spike Bar only.
- Wet or muddy apparel/ footwear is not allowed.
THE CLUBHOUSE IS STRICTLY NO SMOKING